Webmin is one of the most commonly using Web Hosting control panels. This is an open source control panel which works on port 10000. Here CryBit going to explain how/steps to install SSL certificate on a Webmin server.
To add SSL certificate on a domain in your server which has Webmin installed, you must have a valid SSL certificate. Upload the SSL certificate to your server, under the domain name.
Follow the below pasted steps for installing SSL certificate on Webmin:
- Upload your SSL certificate file to your server – we recommend that this isn’t in your web root but under the domain name so you know where it is.
- Log into your Webmin control panel.
- Select the virtual host that you want to secure.
- Click on SSL options.
- Click “Yes” on Enable SSL.
- Select Certificate/Private key and browse to the location of the SSL certificate.
- Select Private key file and browse to the location of the ssl private key file.
- Save changes and return to the server index.
- Restart necessary services.
You may need to restart Apache. From the Apache Webserver page click on “Stop Apache” top right and then “Start Apache” when displayed.