I started my career as a Jr Linux server Admin at Veeble Softtech Pvt. Ltd. I can not forgot those days. My building block days. Good management, good colleagues, nothing to say! Good days.
I started this Blog from there. Actually this domain name and hosting was a gift from Veeble. I really proud to say I was a member at Veeble.
It was a sad moment, when I planned to shift from Veeble. However, I had to. I joined VIPoint Solution Pvt. Ltd. as a Sr. Linux server administrator. I got a good team to work there. New things, new people, comparatively large in number. My wife was also working there as a Linux system engineer. Good days at Kochi, Kerala.
After four years, I planned to change my career profile from Linux admin to DevOps system engineer. Shifted to Bangalore as an L2 Linux engineer at Endurance International Group. I didn’t get more time to explore EIG, however, enjoyed a lot. Finally got the right profile what I was looking for. Cloud infrastructure engineer, at Cloud2Scale.
Now managing Cloud Infrastructure and learning a lot. Mainly focusing on containerisation (using Docker, systemd-nspawn technologies), Automation using Ansible, Python, Bash etc, AWS, CI using Jenkins and a lot, a lot.
My complete career profile
Cloud Architecture / DevOps Engineer
Cloud2Scale Pvt. Ltd.
- Managing clients with different cloud infra.
- Most of them using Docker containerization on AWS instances.
- Knowledge in Docker, AWS services, Ansible.
- A lot more…
System Administrator – Support at career level I2-A
Directi Web Technology Pvt. Ltd. (Endurance International Group Company)
- Managing Linux VPS and Dedicated servers under EIG.
- Mainly dealing with RC (Reseller Club) servers.
- Monitoring servers and services round the clock.
- Automation of repeated tasks using Bash and Python.
- Dealing escalated issues from L1 team.
- Training L1 & WSS (Web hosting support) team to improve their technical abilities.
- Overall server tweaking to avoid critical performance bottlenecks.
- Security hardening with custom firewall rules (Iptables) and Fail2ban.
Sr. Linux Server Administrator, since August 2014.
VIPoint Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Managing Linux based servers. Identifying performance bottleneck and fine tuning of Linux Servers.
- 24×7 end user support via ticketing system with 15 minute SLA.
- Highly experienced in ticketing systems like WHMCS and Kayako.
- Monitoring the servers and its services using our own custom monitoring script/tool in Python and taking proactive measures when problems arise.
- Security hardening with custom firewall rules (Iptables). Experience in firewall tools like CSF and APF.
- Mainly deals with WHM/cPanel servers.
- Migration expert.
- Knowledge in CloudLinux and Kernelcare technologies.
- Automation of repeated tasks using Bash Scripting and CronJobs.
- Virtualization using OpenVZ, Xen and KVM: Managed many Linux nodes with OpenVZ, Xen and KVM virtualization technology.
- Configuring and maintaining web servers like Apache, Nginx, LiteSpeed etc.
- Web server and MySQL tweaking for its best performance.
- Maintaining backup of production servers using R1Soft.
- Assistance for users in installation, configuration and troubleshooting CMS like WordPress, Joomla, Magento etc.
Jr. Linux Server Administrator, June 2013 to August 2014
Veeble Softtech (P) Ltd
- Veeble is a fastest growing web hosting and domain provider company located in Kochi, Kerala.
- Managing Linux and Windows based distributions & web-hosting servers.
- Maintenance and administration of remote servers with root access, server/data migration, backup and restore.
- Server setup: Initial server setup, installation and configuration of web-hosting control panels etc.
- Web server: Apache configuration and setup in Linux servers.
- Providing technical support for customers through ticketing system WHMCS, emails and chats as well.
- Managing email servers : Exim
- Familiar with services and protocols like DNS, HTTP, FTP, IMAP, POP, SMTP, SSH.
- Firewall Management: Iptables, CSF and APF.
- Virtualisation using OpenVZ and Xen.
Hmm… So far, so good!!