I started my career as a Jr Linux server Admin at Veeble Softtech Pvt. Ltd. I can not forgot those days. My building block days. Good management, good colleagues, nothing to say! Good days.
I started this Blog from there. Actually this domain name and hosting was a gift from Veeble. I really proud to say I was a member at Veeble.
It was a sad moment, when I planned to shift from Veeble. However, I had to. I joined VIPoint Solution Pvt. Ltd. as a Sr. Linux server administrator. I got a good team to work there. New things, new people, comparatively large in number. My wife was also working there as a Linux system engineer. Good days at Kochi, Kerala.
After four years, I planned to change my career profile from Linux admin to DevOps system engineer. Shifted to Bangalore as an L2 Linux engineer at Endurance International Group. I didn’t get more time to explore EIG, however, enjoyed a lot. Finally got the right profile what I was looking for. Cloud infrastructure engineer, at Cloud2Scale.
Now managing Cloud Infrastructure and learning a lot. Mainly focusing on containerisation (using Docker, systemd-nspawn technologies), Automation using Ansible, Python, Bash etc, AWS, CI using Jenkins and a lot, a lot.
My complete career profile
Cloud Architecture / DevOps Engineer
Cloud2Scale Pvt. Ltd.
Managing clients with different cloud infrastructure.
Managing different AWS services.
Integrating AWS services to optimize client infra.
Automating tasks using Ansible, Bash scripting.
Implementing and managing Docker containerized services.
Managing micro services using AWS ECS and Kubernetes.
Managing clients and suggest them to optimize their infrastructure to reduce work load and optimize it for better performance.
System Administrator – Support at career level I2-A
Directi Web Technology Pvt. Ltd. (Endurance International Group Company)
- Managing Linux VPS and Dedicated servers under EIG.
- Mainly dealing with RC (Reseller Club) servers.
- Monitoring servers and services round the clock.
- Automation of repeated tasks using Bash and Python.
- Dealing escalated issues from L1 team.
- Training L1 & WSS (Web hosting support) team to improve their technical abilities.
- Overall server tweaking to avoid critical performance bottlenecks.
- Security hardening with custom firewall rules (Iptables) and Fail2ban.
Sr. Linux Server Administrator, since August 2014.
VIPoint Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Managing Linux based servers. Identifying performance bottleneck and fine tuning of Linux Servers.
- 24×7 end user support via ticketing system with 15 minute SLA.
- Highly experienced in ticketing systems like WHMCS and Kayako.
- Monitoring the servers and its services using our own custom monitoring script/tool in Python and taking proactive measures when problems arise.
- Security hardening with custom firewall rules (Iptables). Experience in firewall tools like CSF and APF.
- Mainly deals with WHM/cPanel servers.
- Migration expert.
- Knowledge in CloudLinux and Kernelcare technologies.
- Automation of repeated tasks using Bash Scripting and CronJobs.
- Virtualization using OpenVZ, Xen and KVM: Managed many Linux nodes with OpenVZ, Xen and KVM virtualization technology.
- Configuring and maintaining web servers like Apache, Nginx, LiteSpeed etc.
- Web server and MySQL tweaking for its best performance.
- Maintaining backup of production servers using R1Soft.
- Assistance for users in installation, configuration and troubleshooting CMS like WordPress, Joomla, Magento etc.
Jr. Linux Server Administrator, June 2013 to August 2014
Veeble Softtech (P) Ltd
- Veeble is a fastest growing web hosting and domain provider company located in Kochi, Kerala.
- Managing Linux and Windows based distributions & web-hosting servers.
- Maintenance and administration of remote servers with root access, server/data migration, backup and restore.
- Server setup: Initial server setup, installation and configuration of web-hosting control panels etc.
- Web server: Apache configuration and setup in Linux servers.
- Providing technical support for customers through ticketing system WHMCS, emails and chats as well.
- Managing email servers : Exim
- Familiar with services and protocols like DNS, HTTP, FTP, IMAP, POP, SMTP, SSH.
- Firewall Management: Iptables, CSF and APF.
- Virtualisation using OpenVZ and Xen.
Hmm… So far, so good!!